referral criteria from primary care (seborrhoeic dermatitis)
Last reviewed 01/2018
- in general, this condition is managed by general practitioners
- referrral is indicated if patients are not responding to treatment or if the diagnosis is unclear. Diagnosis may be difficult if the patient has another coexistent skin condition
- in case of severe widespread seborrhoeic dermatitis " when there is eyelid involvement (where simple eyelid hygiene measures such as cotton buds moistened with baby shampoo have been unsuccessful) (1)
- (1) Clinical Knowledge Summaries (July 2008). Seborrhoeic dermatitis
- (2) Update (24/9/97), 338-44.