- non-Hodgkin's lymphoma - intermediate and high grade disease may be treated with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous BMT; a similar regime is under trial in low grade disease
- Hodgkin's disease - autologous BMT generally preferred because it is associated with a lower rate of mortality
- multiple myeloma - both allogeneic and autologous BMT are used; standard chemotherapy is rarely curative
- neuroblastoma - BMT has been used to permit the use of high dose chemotherapy in difficult cases; autologous is generally preferred but the benefits of transplantation is questionable
- breast cancer
- testicular cancer - BMT is potentially curative
Note that BMT is not considered as part of standard therapy in multiple myeloma or breast cancer and as yet, autologous BMT is not useful in non-malignant disease.